[ZWeb] nzo: more inspiration...

PieterB PieterB <pieterb@gewis.nl>
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:20:35 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Some more suggestions/remarks:

I think the main navigation (About Zope...) should be more prominent.
What about moving the login box from the upper left to the lower left
side? That will make the main navigation more prominent, and existing
users will find their way to the login anyhow. Btw I think existing Zope
users use larger screen sizes, so that the login box will appear on
their first screen. You can't expect new users want to login the first
time they see the site.

The login box can use the same blue/white style as used with the
News and Products box on the right.

The login button doesn't look like a button (more like a textfield).

Move ZopeExits to right hand side of the page. (it isn't site navigation,
although it is often used as a bookmark/quicklink by Zope users).

The About Zope|Awards, About Zope|Getting started pages don't exist (and
probably more).

I think the top navigation (Welcome Members News Search) is crap. I
really suggest either removing it, repeating the left side navigation,
or linking only the most import pages (e.g. Downloads). Remember one of
the most used tasks of Zope.org is probably downloading zope, and the
users must scroll and search for a download link in the current design.

PieterB