[ZWeb] NZO Alpha Announcement

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:38:18 -0300

Greetings,

Its been quite some time since I announced the pre-Alpha state of
NZO. Lots of things happened since then, and as promised, Im releasing
today the alpha version of NZO.

Improvements worth of note on this version:

 - Trackers were migrated to CMFCollector

 - How-Tos and Tips were migrated

 - Loads of cleanups on CSS and HTML.

 - CMFPackage (Software Product) now has MD5 checksums

 - All content of Zope.org except /Wikis (pending a hand from Shane
 with a misbehaving script) as of March 14 was migrated.

 - Objects have a 'obsolete' workflow state, that will be used to mark
 old content and remove it on the next round of migration.

 - The search page has a google-like look.

There is a lot of room for improvement still, and some things that
need to be solved, like migrating memberdata safely to LDAP and
cleaning ancient content and DTML methods that may cause infinite
recursion.

Many thanks to the people that gave suggestions so far, Peter, Paul, Jan,
George, and Tonico who made the last mockup which in my opinion was
one of the biggest improvements.

On the following weeks, we will be discussing the next steps on
getting this to replace the current Zope.org and will continue
improving whats here.

The collector for reporting bugs can be found at:
http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg

[]'s
--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>