[ZWeb] NZO Alpha Announcement
Sidnei da Silva
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:38:18 -0300
Its been quite some time since I announced the pre-Alpha state of
NZO. Lots of things happened since then, and as promised, Im releasing
today the alpha version of NZO.
Improvements worth of note on this version:
- Trackers were migrated to CMFCollector
- How-Tos and Tips were migrated
- Loads of cleanups on CSS and HTML.
- CMFPackage (Software Product) now has MD5 checksums
- All content of Zope.org except /Wikis (pending a hand from Shane
with a misbehaving script) as of March 14 was migrated.
- Objects have a 'obsolete' workflow state, that will be used to mark
old content and remove it on the next round of migration.
- The search page has a google-like look.
There is a lot of room for improvement still, and some things that
need to be solved, like migrating memberdata safely to LDAP and
cleaning ancient content and DTML methods that may cause infinite
Many thanks to the people that gave suggestions so far, Peter, Paul, Jan,
George, and Tonico who made the last mockup which in my opinion was
one of the biggest improvements.
On the following weeks, we will be discussing the next steps on
getting this to replace the current Zope.org and will continue
improving whats here.
The collector for reporting bugs can be found at:
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <email@example.com>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>
GNU/Linux user 257852
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Sid) 2.4.18 ppc