[ZWeb] Re: Credits...

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Fri Sep 5 15:32:19 EDT 2003

[Jeffrey P Shell wrote (jeffrey at cuemedia.com) on 9/5/03 1:48 PM]

> Please remember that this site is a free service.  It benefits Zope as
> a brand and platform to have such a large site available for the
> community to use, but it does take a lot of bandwidth and hardware to
> deal with the sites volume.  Converting the old site to the new site
> was a mammoth undertaking - just on the content conversion side alone.
> There are still a lot of issues remaining to be worked out, yes.  And
> they are being worked on to the best of the abilities of those who have
> time and access to deal with them (I myself do not have access to make
> software changes).  But I have to assume that most of these people,
> like myself, have many other responsibilities at the moment.

.... you have just stated very clearly why the process should be opened up a
bit to allow community members to lend a hand without having to sign away an
arm and a leg.

if cost is an issue, i'm sure there are some ZSP's willing to chip in.

I understand your situation and your limited resources. Someone at the top
needs to pay attention to this issue and flip a switch somewhere to open up
the cathedral doors a little.

<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ MSN: zettainet at hotmail.com ~ ICQ: 51907738