[ZWeb] Front Page & Other Changes

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 06:24:42 EDT 2004

Mark wrote:
> Making a copy of a page, using it as a mockup for discussion is a real
> basis for discussion.
> Making the change to the live site and asking after the fact -- "what do
> people think" is not.

How so? I think the latter is likely to elicit more discussion,
especially from people who don't like it.

> Think about new users visiting the site. If the structure, navigation
> and positioning of content changes on a daily or weekly basis they will
> be more than a little confused.

Hmmm... maybe they'll just see a site that's being maintained. The
changes I made don't need to be made often, but they did need to be
made. I don't remember any discussion before those 4 adverts were
slapped into the news column and then just left there, obscuring the
news that was actually being updated.

Likewise, on the left nav front, I only actually commented out one link
(to a site that was down), and removed one other (to docs that that said
"this has been replaced by Zope Book chapter X and will be deleted
soon"). The re-ordering was of the categories, I don't think I changed
the order of anything within a category. The category order makes much
more sense to me now, and I proposed it a few days before I made the
change. Out of interest, what do you think of the new ordering?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk