[ZWeb] http://zope.org/Documentation/Guides/

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 06:48:30 EDT 2004

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>>> so please stop deleting docs. Remove links to deprecated docs all you
>>> want but don't delete the actual docs!
>
> +1
>
> Shooting from the hip is never a good idea, regardless of how
> well-intentioned it is.

Are you aware of the docs under discussion? They about 4 years old and,
AFAIK, have ALL been rewritten in either the Zope Book or Zope
Developers Guide. That makes them worse than obsolete, they're likely to
be providing contradictory information to newer documentation covering
the same areas, and it's the poor user who's left to decide what's more
accurate, and they're in possibly the worst position to judge that!
Is that really what we want?

Like I said, how about .zexp'ing the old stuff, just in case someone
wants to read them when rewriting Zope Book or ZDG chapters?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk