[ZWeb] Berkeley / SF Bay Area Zope developers; CMFWeblog query; Zope + Atom

Don Hopkins dhopkins at DonHopkins.com
Mon Aug 23 19:19:36 EDT 2004

Is there anyone in Berkeley or the SF Bay Area (or even LA), interested
in meeting up to chat about Python/Zope/CMF/Plone over coffee or beer,
or even forming a users group or collective hive mind of some kind?

Also: what is the word on the street about using CMFWeblog with Plone?
Does it work ok, and is it currently being maintained? I had to fix a
bug that prevented importing Plone sites with CMFWeblog installed [patch
submitted to the collective]. I'll volunteer to extend and maintain it
myself, if there isn't something better I should be putting my time
into.

I've been using the Python Community Server (PyCS) to host my own Radio
Userland weblog, but I'd rather be using a Zope based solution, to
develop specialized blog hosting services for non-technical people to
use.

I'd like to extend Plone with CMFWeblog or something like it, to support
the Atom API and syndication format, and to support and publish
specialized content types. (For example: downloadable Sims objects). Has
any work been done on supporting Atom in Zope?

	-Don