[ZWeb] "Zope Exits"

Mark mark at zopemag.com
Tue Aug 24 04:35:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Aug 24, 2004, at 9:05 AM, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>
>>> Indeed, and the sole purpose of my original mail to zope-web was to
>>> elicit discussion, so, can anyone suggest a neutral set of
>>> guidelines for what sites should appear in Zope Exits?
>>>
>>> I'd suggest:
>>>
>>> """
>>> Sites that are centered around supporting the Zope community and do
>>> not exist primarily to charge for services or content relating to
>>> the site.
>>> """
>>>
>>> What do people think?
>> I sure don't agree with Chris very often, but in this case I'd like
>> to add a resounding...
>> +1
>> The whole issue of "Why does commercial site X get free advertising
>> and my commercial site Y does not" is scary. Better to avoid it
>> altogether.
>> jens
>
> +1
>
> I agree with you. This should also be accepted policy for News Items (
> i reject to publish news that contain direct advertising ) and other
> documents - there is a detailed explanation on
> http://www.zope.org/Help/ "What material is acceptable for Zope.org?"

I'm all for an acceptable News policy -- but where do people turn to
find out about commercial Zope offerings?

> I could think of a "Zope Exits" page - where entries are collected and
> organized by subject and country.

Maybe we should create a Zope Exits Content Type. As for inclusion
within the Zope Exits maybe we should have
some kind of voting system with the top 10 being listed on the front
page and the others sorted on a Zope Exits page.
This would make it more democratic than just a few people deciding what
represents a great Zope Exit.

> Else i would show links to Zope user groups and maybe mailing lists
> only.

The mailinglists don't belong in Zope Exits because they aren't exits.