[ZWeb] Lightweight approval process using versions?

Jim Allman jim at ibang.com
Tue Aug 24 11:58:56 EDT 2004

On Aug 24, 2004, at 5:42 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
>> It would be especially nice when we do things like come up with
>> mockups to people able to ask for multiple yes no votes for alternate
>> designs or individual changes.
>
> This doesn't work, it's been tried in many ways several times in the
> history of Zope as I've known it. Look at the Fishbowl, the Zope.org
> collector, the various Zope Docs projects, etc.

Don't know if this makes sense (I haven't worked with them much), but
why not use Zope versions for proposed changes, so that they're
"quarantined" for a short comment period?

It seems like this would keep the site relatively stable for visitors,
allow interested parties to see exactly how the changes would look and
behave, and make implementing the change as easy as abandoning it.

   =jimA=

Jim Allman
Interrobang Digital Media
http://www.ibang.com/