[ZWeb] "Zope Exits"

Joel Burton joel at joelburton.com
Wed Aug 25 11:26:27 EDT 2004

Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> Joel Burton wrote:
>

>> frankly, even if they are commercial ventures. Are we trying to make
>> zope.org more useful to other people, or trying make sure that ZC is
>> the only commercial company getting any play on the site?
>>
>> - j.
>

> A RESOUNDING no Joel.  I think, while ZC 'supports' the z.o. site
> (hardware, network, and some resources) it's far better in our interest
> to support, promote and grow all facets of the community.  This is done
> in a myriad of ways; but I'm certain no one thinks ZC should be the only
> company.  I want to see more!  I want to get past the commercial ==
> 'bad' on zope.org mentality and come up with a plan that shows how
> really strong zope based solutions are, both open source and
> commercially backed.

Cheers, Andrew.

My point was a bit overheated; apologies there :)

But, yes, I'd agree: zope.org is good when it portrays the world around
Zope, and, frankly, seeing, for example, a whole online magazine
dedicated to a software package makes people realize "Hey! This is a big
product", and, ultimately, helps us all.

Plus, as Mark has noted, a good deal of ZopeMag content is free and good
quality. I think it's clearly one of the best resources to point someone
towards, and an excellent candidate for "zope exits".

(Geesh. Four of five times while writing these messages, I've typed
"Zope Exists" rather than Zope Exits. Sounds like I have existentialism
on the brain ;) )

- j.