[ZWeb] Creation and Last Modified dates?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Aug 25 12:14:35 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 01:24:13PM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> I thought all content showed a modified date? Can you give me some
> examples that don't?

I just looked quick and it appears that News Items do, but some
content types don't.

Notably, Documents do not.
example: http://zope.org/Products/CMF/CMF-1.3.2/README.txt
Wiki Pages do not.
example: http://zope.org/Members/vernier/Debian/CMF_programming

> >What I would cherish would be a good concentrated API reference, sorted
> >by category, with an index at the top instead of a barrage of user
> >comments.
>
> This comes under my comment of "The Zope Book is there, it just needs
> editing" ;-)

I'm workin' on it :-) I'm the guy who signed up for the API reference.

The "index at the top" feature is done, Chris M. and I added it to
BackTalk during Pycon, we just have to get that code onto zope.org
(and make it cacheable since it's expensive to build an index for a
large amount of STX).

You can see it in action here:
http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/AppendixB.stx
... and an index of the entire book here:
http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/bt_sections_view

> >Source code should be primarily written for other people to read, and
> >only incidentally for the computer to interpret. (To paraphrase a quote
> >from the preface of Abelson & Sussman's Structure and Interpretation of
> >Computer Programs.)
>
> Not sure how this relates to the documentation structure...

Me neither, but I'll note that my long-term wish for the API reference is
to go back to extracting it from docstrings in the sources, and
fix (or more likely replace) the HelpSys too.
See proposal here:
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/SanitizeHelpSysAndAPIReference

But I want to get something readable done for the 2.7 zope book first.
Dealing with the HelpSys and related issues will come after.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com