[ZWeb] [VOTE] [Half Way] "Zope Exits" policy

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Tue Aug 31 09:51:35 EDT 2004

Chris Withers wrote:

>> The following policy for "Zope Exits" has been proposed:
>>
>> """
>> Sites that are centered around supporting the Zope community, are not
>> centered on one particular vendor or framework and do not exist
>> primarily to charge for services or content relating to the site.
>> """
>

> The following people appear to be in favour of this policy:
> michael at d2m.at
> jens at dataflake.org
> chris at simplistix.co.uk
> paul at zope-europe.org
> ausum_studio at hotmail.com
>
> The following people appear to be against this policy:
> erik at mmmanager.org
> mark at zopemag.com
> joel at joelburton.com
> pw_lists at slinkp.com
>
> ...so keep the votes coming.
>
> I'd also like to note that it's very easy just to say "I don't like
> that". If you're one of the people in the "against" column, I challenge
> you to come up with a better policy. If that policy requires
> infrastructure, I challenge you to provide the code and hours needed to
> support it, and be happy to defend it against all challenges of
> unfairness, corruption and even things like hacking. I'm happy to do all
> of the above for the policy I've proposed, are you for your proposed
> policy, if you've bothered to come up for one?

As you come up with it again...

This is rather annoying. Please take my me out of the list - i'm not
going to support such 'policy' votings.

In a prior post i was citing from http://zope.org/Help/:

 > What material is acceptable for Zope.org?
 >
 > Any material that is relevant to the Zope user or programmer
 > community. This includes things related to Zope, Python, the Web,
 > events, articles, announcements, product releases, etc.
 >
 > This does not include spam, private Web sites, non-Zope related
 > material or blatantly offensive material.
 >
 > Please use your best judgement when posting materials to the site. The
 > Zope.org reviewers reserve the right to reject, refuse publication and
 > remove materials deemed to be inappropriate without notice.

I think this a reasonable policy for user contributed content.
Maybe you got that wrong and took it for a vote.

"Zope Exits" might be a not-so-good idea altogether. Looking at
http://python.org, the exits are labled 'Community' - which is just what
i expect from a community website pointing me to related information.

Michael