[ZWeb] ZCatalog Issues

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Wed Jul 14 00:56:34 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 20:47 pm, Tim Peters wrote:
> BTW, I've spent many hours editing fat parts of the ZODB Wiki over the last
> week, and response time has been so good (on all of login, navigating to
> the right page (I can never remember Wiki URLs), hitting the Edit button,
> and hitting the Save-Changes button) the whole time that I haven't given up
> in exasperation even once.  That's unprecedented in my experiences on
> zope.org. I don't know whether I have you to thank, but if you want to
> claim the glory, I won't call your bluff <wink>.

I'd like to think I fixed it. :-)  Every page loaded by people with reviewer
rights searched the catalog to display how many items are pending review.  I
replaced the fancy search with a simple link to a page for reviewers.

The catalog apparently can't handle the load we were giving it.  I think
catalogs in general are efficient, but something is configured badly in that
catalog and it's difficult to figure out what it is.

Shane