[ZWeb] [VOTE] [Half Way] "Zope Exits" policy

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 04:31:27 EDT 2004

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>> I'd also like to note that it's very easy just to say "I don't like
>> that". If you're one of the people in the "against" column, I
>> challenge you to come up with a better policy. If that policy requires
>> infrastructure, I challenge you to provide the code and hours needed
>> to support it, and be happy to defend it against all challenges of
>> unfairness, corruption and even things like hacking. I'm happy to do
>> all of the above for the policy I've proposed, are you for your
>> proposed policy, if you've bothered to come up for one?
>>

> As you come up with it again...

Not sure what you mean by this...

> This is rather annoying. Please take my me out of the list - i'm not
> going to support such 'policy' votings.

Fair enough, I'm just trying to get some idea of what people feel about
this in a quantitative way.

> "Zope Exits" might be a not-so-good idea altogether. Looking at
> http://python.org, the exits are labled 'Community' - which is just what
> i expect from a community website pointing me to related information.

Exactly. I don't see a link to Zope.org from there, despite the fact the
"Zope universe" (to paraphrase Joel) is a HUGE contributor to Python.

I also don't see any links to any sites whose sell content...

So, why do we have them on Zope.org?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk