[ZWeb] Infinite Recursion errors explain performance suckage?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 05:31:50 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Which trying to find out some details on another problems in the
error_log, I noticed more than a few of the type of errors I've included
at the bottom of the mail.

Could these be the source of the random slowdowns?
Some of the hits were by search engines...
If so, what do we do to fix them?

(there's also lots of other errors in there, should we send those to the
event log?)

cheers,

Chris

Time  	             2004/09/01 04:04:32.851 GMT-4
User Name (User Id)  Anonymous User (None)
Request URL 	     http://zope.org/projects/index_html
Exception Type 	     SystemError
Exception Value      Excessive recursion

...snipped...
# Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
# Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
# Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 119, in __call__
# Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
# Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
# Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 119, in __call__
# Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
Time  		2004/09/01 04:19:53.141 GMT-4
User Name  	Anonymous User (None)
Request URL 	http://zope.org/Members/jeremy/PSF/EssayQuestions/diff
Exception Type 	RuntimeError
Exception Value maximum recursion limit exceeded

     *  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 98, in publish
     * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
     * Module Products.ZWiki.Diff, line 148, in diff
     * Module sre, line 143, in sub

RuntimeError: maximum recursion limit exceeded