[ZWeb] Creation and Last Modified dates?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Sep 1 12:44:07 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 09:18:17AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> >>Cool. How's this coming? Got any of it onto Zope.org yet?
> >
> >No, not yet. No timetable for it either.
>
> Anything I can do to help?

Thanks, yes!

BackTalk is on Sourceforge:
http://backtalk.sourceforge.net/

I'm not the admin, so I can't give you checkin rights;
contact Chris McDonough for that. Meanwhile if you want
to help you could funnel patches through me.

For one thing, I'd like input in how best to cache this stuff, as the
indexing is pretty expensive.

Also, it would help to kick the tires a bit and see if there's
anything broken about it.  There are some known minor issues
which you could help solve.  Here are the ones I've noticed:

In the big index:
http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/bt_sections_view

  ... the <base> tag seems to be wrong, so
  relative links (Index of Sections, and the Back to Top links) are borken.
  Not sure if that impacts anything else.

On the API ref:
http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/AppendixB.stx#2-376
  ... most of the "See Also" links are not rendered as links
  although the STX looks OK to me.  Example:

      "Python 'math' module":http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-math.html
      documentation at Python.org

  ... that should render as a link.
  It works on some other pages but not this one. Hmm.

Note that I'm working on that chapter pretty heavily,
so if you want to change the stx please coordinate with me first.
I think it's a problem with the structured text engine itself,
though... but haven't looked yet.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com