[ZWeb] Organization of Zope API Reference

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Sep 1 13:00:31 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 09:19:53AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Don Hopkins wrote:
>
> >I'd be glad to help maintain the API documentation! Thank you.
> >
> >I think a good approach would be to remove the comments but answer their
> >questions and act on their suggestions.
>
> I think a good policy would be to only remove a comment if it's obvious
> garbage, or if you're sure you've addresses its concern. Otherwise,
> there's always this list or zope-dev at zope.org which should be able to
> help out :-)

Yep.

> >I could start by replacing the
> >comments at the beginning asking for an index with an actual index, and
> >other stuff like that.
>
> Go for it!

Am I talking to a wall?
Please coordinate changes to the API reference with me.
I am glad to see enthusiasm and I would be really happy to
collaborate; but I've now put quite a lot of work into it,
and as far as I can tell, I'm being ignored. I'm concerned that
we'll duplicate effort and collide somewhere.

What I've done so far is here:
http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/AppendixB.stx

Note in particular the sections labeled
XXX STATUS, XXX TODO, and XXX DONE.

In case you missed them, my previous messages in this thread:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-web/2004-August/003311.html
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-web/2004-August/003349.html

--

Paul Winkler