[ZWeb] "God Uses Zope" top news item could be offensive

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Sep 17 13:17:31 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 10:51:15AM -0400, Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> Joel Burton wrote:
>
> >Michael R. Bernstein wrote:

> >>Yes.
> >

> >Ok; I've retroactive rejected it, then. If others think it's fine, feel
> >free to re-publish it.
> >
> >- j.
> Did this point to Zope site(s)?  Was it even zope related?  If not, a
> no-brainer.  If so, I question any kind of censorship.

The censorship issue made me nervous too. But on reflection,
it wasn't much worthy of a news item.  The site runs on zope,
but so what? There's nothing of technical interest.  Zope.org news
items aren't for free publicity for any old site that happens
to run zope.  It would be like me submitting a news item saying
"slinkp.com runs on zope!".  That would be less funny, but equally
irrelevant :-)

If he had submitted it as a link for inclusion in
http://www.zope.org/Resources/ZopePowered
that would be another story...

--

Paul Winkler