[ZWeb] Spammer is back ;(

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Jan 6 11:23:34 EST 2005

Brian Lloyd wrote:
> this 'by hand', but the pattern with the wikis is that he seemed to
> start off defacing things by hand and then moved on to automated
> scripts, which would be a bigger problem.

I've been thinking about next countermeasures for wiki pages. Can I ask
some general questions -

Does he/she post links, ie pagerank spam ? Or is it just random garbage ?

Does he post as anonymous, or as a member ? Does he create multiple new
accounts ?

Does he use multiple IP addresses ? Can you tell how many real people
are actually doing this ?