[ZWeb] Spammer is back ;(

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Jan 6 11:31:46 EST 2005

On Jan 6, 2005, at 17:23, Simon Michael wrote:

> Brian Lloyd wrote:
>> this 'by hand', but the pattern with the wikis is that he seemed to
>> start off defacing things by hand and then moved on to automated
>> scripts, which would be a bigger problem.
>
> I've been thinking about next countermeasures for wiki pages. Can I
> ask some general questions -
>
> Does he/she post links, ie pagerank spam ? Or is it just random
> garbage ?
>
> Does he post as anonymous, or as a member ? Does he create multiple
> new accounts ?
>
> Does he use multiple IP addresses ? Can you tell how many real people
> are actually doing this ?

On the collector the spam is *apparently* a korean character title
(which comes through as garbage) and then two links in the body, in
this case all on romanian domains. Since I don't use M$ browsers and
don't have to fear trojans I clicked one of them once, it seems to be
porn for a Korean audience. I have no access to the logs so I can't
tell where the requests come from.

jens