[ZWeb] "Token 'ATOM' required, 'EOF' found" error in zopeorg

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Jan 24 07:50:58 EST 2005

On Jan 24, 2005, at 13:27, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> | It comes down to a matter of time/money that is spent on two
> different
> |
> | - keep fixing the broken old version and get people to work on a
> | strange mix of software running on a damaged ZODB
> |
> | - build a new one from scratch with maintainability in mind.
>
> I suppose you mean a new ZODB from scratch?

Both Software and ZODB.

> | If you really think about what zope.org has in terms of features it's
> | not all that much. Building the same on top of CMF 1.5 probably won't
> | take a whole lot of effort.
>
> In a sense, it's already running 'on top of CMF' isn't it? My argument
> is that you just remove the Plone skins and you have stock CMF.

It's running on top of something that is interspersed with and
dependent on all kinds of stuff, and it's a very old version. So for me
it's only "running on CMF" in a limited sense. How much it would take
to remove any and all dependencies and then to upgrade to the latest
CMF I can't say.

jens

Jens Vagelpohl			jens at zetwork.com
Zetwork GmbH				http://www.zetwork.com/