[ZWeb] Re: [Zope.org-internal] Re: [Zopeorg-webmaster] Download of Zope 2.8.3 is not possible

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Wed Oct 19 16:24:16 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 04:17:02PM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:

| BTW, this doesn't mean anything to me.

I guess it doesn't.

| >|
| >| Can you give us a hint of how to fix it?  Is it a knob somewhere?
| >| A DTML script? ;)
| >
| >The traceback is usually a valuable source of information.
|
| We don't get tracebacks.  We get unauthorized responses.
|
| Do you, as the author of zope.org, have any idea where this behavior came
| from?  Is this product behavior something you implemented, or did it come
| from some product product that you reused?  Or is this some kind of
| workflow thing?
|
| This policy causes us a world of pain, so if it's easy to fix, I'd
| really like to know how.

Yes, it's caused by the initial workflow state for 'Software Release
File' or whatever it is called being set to 'private'. That's what was
agreed on during the initial development. It's supposed to be trivial
to change it for someone with minimal DCWorkflow skills.

I'm surprised that if it causes so much pain that nobody has fixed it
yet.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.