[ZWeb] Re: [Zope.org-internal] Re: [Zopeorg-webmaster] Download of Zope 2.8.3 is not possible

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Oct 20 07:25:57 EDT 2005

Chris Withers wrote:
> Sidnei da Silva wrote:

>> I guess it doesn't.
>

> It did to me. I tried to solve this properly by actually going and
> editing the disk based software. The results are in
> Products/CMFPackage/SoftwarePackage.py.chrisw.2005-10-20 on app1. It was
> only after several confusing refreshes on zope.org that I remembered
> Andrew saying he'd added another app server to Zope.org. *sigh* It'd be
> REAL nice if even the hardware setup of zope.org was documented
> SOMEWHERE so that if any of us do get pissed off enough to actually try
> and fix anything, we have a vague clue of where we need to go to update
> stuff :-(

I made an attempt to document the hardware setup.  I announced this
a long time ago.  If you have the right privileges, you can:

   svn co svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/zope.org/system-documentation/trunk

I don't think it's up to date, but it does reflect at least a partial
reality.  I wish this would be kept up to date. :/

> Admittedly, this hides a load of potential other problems, but no-one
> really cares, right? ;-)

Nope.  We are just limping along until the ZF can create a new new (or
is that new new new) zope.org. :/

> Anyway, I'm going to go and beat some walls down with my head. Hope the
> changes I've made help even a little...

Much thanks Chris!

Jim