[ZWeb] Re: [Zope.org-internal] Re: [Zopeorg-webmaster] DownloadofZope 2.8.3 is not possible

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Oct 20 14:08:04 EDT 2005

Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> Actually, this is annoying.  I increasingly find docs useless for this very
> reason.  I waste my time writing them.  People bitch about them not being
> there or not correct, and they actually never even look.  It is documented -
> and it's documented correctly.

I don't know how anyone would look.  You have to check something out to look.
I announced this a long time ago and it's not surprising to me that people
forgot.  I mainly remembered because I created it in the first place.

Having said that, we who have system access should all, on our local hard
drives, have a directory where we keep information relevent to z.o.
In that directory, there should be a checkout of the docs.  If you don't
have one, here's the command
you give:

   svn co svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/zope.org/system-documentation/trunk zope.org-system-docs

Then, you will at least have some information that will remind you that the
documentation exists.  You should periodically update this.  Don't count on
being able to check it out in an emergency, as the system it's on may be down.
(Or it's Berkeley database may be hosed.)

Jim