[ZWeb] Zope Collector policies?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Apr 13 04:16:18 EDT 2006

--On 13. April 2006 00:14:21 -0700 Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> wrote:

> Well since you ask..
>
> I fear that they sound like the usual style of A. Jung's School of Hard
> Knocks For Newbies. No offense intended Andreas.

Other projects are similar. Go to the Mozilla/Firefox bugzilla instance.
First they tell you to search if your issue isn't already in the bugtracker.
Then you fill out a form where you need to clearly describe your problem
and fill out point 1,2,3... to reproduce the problem. So people should
use their brain before posting "something"...also newbies can and do post
valuable bug reports. We are talking about a certain group of users  that
has some certain expectations about the bug tracker is and that have no idea
*how* report properly. For my own projects I have a similar "bug reporting
guideline"...and usually most users are really able to posting something
reasonable after pointing them to the guidelines..call it "how to educate
users to report bugs"...I think there is nothing offending here..

just-my-2-cents,
-aj

Web: www.zopyx.com - Email: info at zopyx.com - Phone +49 - 7071 - 793376
E-Publishing, Python, Zope & Plone development and consulting