[ZWeb] Running zope site using ReST

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Thu Feb 9 06:25:14 EST 2006

baiju m wrote:

> Hi,
>     How to run a webstie using these ReST files ?
>
> http://codespeak.net/svn/z3/zopeweb/trunk/
>
> I think worldcookery.com and tiks.org are running using ReST and Zope 3.
> Are we planning to use any of these?

Some thoughts on what you could do localy with the SVN checkout ::

   - just run the files through 'buildhtml.py'
    (included with your docutils distribution)
     to look at the files in a browser
   - invest one hour and write a reST publisher to put some
     decorations on top and bottom of the pages
     ex: http://zopeweb.d2m.at/project.html
     (this runs in z3, simply using the ressourceDirector directive)
   - reuse the packages the codespeak site is created from:
     http://codespeak.net/svn/z3/www/trunk/

Worldcookery has the 'Page' content type which renders text, reST and
STX to html, i added a HTML pass-through renderer and could provide a
checkout of a stand-alone 'page' package.

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m
http://planetzope.org