[ZWeb] new zope.org: zope newsletter

Carlos de la Guardia carlos.delaguardia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 01:40:39 EST 2006

Hi,

I have some comments about the idea of a Zope newsletter. Though it would be
nice to have one, a newsletter may be too formal an undertaking for a
community site.

There was a time when the zope.org site presented a feature called Zope
Weekly News, where the name "weekly" comes from a loose definition of week
which refers to any period of days longer than a week and shorter than a
year.

I think a community site that tries to do newsletters takes the risk of
going the way of ZWN. Unless someone is paid to do this, I think we better
not do it. A blog should be enough and even those aren't that easy to keep
updated.

We could also compile automatically some news items, Releases and
announcements and call them the newsletter.

Carlos de la Guardia