[ZWeb] Zope 2 web site

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Mar 1 18:36:44 EST 2006

Geoff Davis <geoff <at> phds.org> writes:

> On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:11:00 +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote:
>
> > On 3/1/06, Geoff Davis <geoff <at> phds.org> wrote:
> >> Are there good CPS analogues to PloneSoftwareCenter / PloneHelpCenter?
> >
> > I doubt it, although I have no idea what they do.

They run plone.org/products and plone.org/documentation, respectively - they are
designed to make it easy for the community to contribute, review and maintain
add-in products (complete with issue trackers, roadmaps, documentation sections
and release management... all optional of course) and documentation (how-tos,
tutorials, reference manuals, error references etc.) They have worked extremely
well for Plone, increasing the quality of our documentation tenfold and the
availability of third party products to real users tremendously.

> > I was joking, really. ;) (Although CPS has one benefit over Plone;
> > it's faster, especially under loads).
>
> Yeah, Plone can be a bit pokey -- we're working on it!  With the new
> caching infrastructure in the CacheFu product, it is quite speedy.
> plone.org, which uses it, does just fine under heavy traffic.

... and 2 ZEO clients on a single server behind Squid....

Martin