[ZWeb] Zope 2 web site

Andrew Sawyers andrew at sawdog.com
Mon Mar 6 10:38:38 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 06:30 -0800, Martin Aspeli wrote:

> Sidnei da Silva-2 wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 04:34:21AM -0800, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> > | ...(it was based on Plone, sure, but it was badly mangled from
> > | what I've been told to the point where the Plone community would no
> > longer
> > | be able to help maintain it).
> >
> > Call that a hoax. Other than the skin, and custom products on top of
> > it, and a custom workflow I can't think of any customization that
> > would make it unmantainable.
> >

> Not sure what this means ... were you involved in building the current site
> or do you know its architecture? As I've said, my comments are based on what
> I've been told by people who were involved in the original decision to use
> Plone (pre 1.0 as I understand, with heavy internal customisations). My
> feeling is exactly that there's no *need* for zope.org customisations that
> would make it hard to maintain/migrate in the same way plone.org is
> maintained and migrated right now.
I believe it is pre 1.0 - but I don't think outside of the previous
reply to Sidnei (i.e. skins customizations) there is a lot of
customizations.  I'm certain it's a problem of general look (which is
solved by Tom V.) and crap content which is useless to promoting the
technology in a sensible manner.

Andrew