[ZWeb] Zope 3 Website

Peter Simmons pete-lists at bcmpweb.com
Sat Mar 11 19:01:28 EST 2006

Those are the type of people that ideas but need us to implement them to
make them real. Those ideas and having them implemented means more work
for us in the community and that means more bright people in the community.

Just my experience.

Like the idea of balance also. What I was thinking wasn't really aimed
from a pure selling point of view more getting back to grass roots
websites though. The home page should provide a clear message about what
the site is all about. That means a clear message about what zope 3 is
all about.

The reason it should appeal to newcomers in particular is because they
are less likely to go further if then do not understand what the
benefits are. Anyone already in the community is likely to be able to
bookmark their ideal landing page whether it be news, new products,
mailing list archives or whatever they like to use to keep abreast.

There is a balance to be struck of course as we are not about hype but a
clear consistent, concise message goes a long way.

Think of it as a backing up of the community, when we try to convince
someone they should use zope we can point them at the site to find out
why we are so evangelistic about it.

Anyway sounds like you guys are all on the right track so don't take
this as a disagreement :-)

cheers,
Pete