[ZWeb] V3 Updated

Tom Von Lahndorff tom at modscape.com
Thu Mar 23 06:58:52 EST 2006

On Mar 23, 2006, at 5:24 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Tom Von Lahndorff wrote:
>> http://www.modscape.com/zope
>> 03/22/06. Updated the homepage. Added the Zope 3 box. Created a
>> download page. Click on "Download Zope" under "Download" in the nav.
>
> I don't like the big digits for "2" and "3", makes those images
> look really garish.

Looking at it fresh again this morning, they do seem kind of loud.
I'll work on that.

> On the download page, Zope 2 should be above Zope 3.

Really? I thought most people want to push Zope 3. Shouldn't the
latest release be listed first? I really don't care on way or the
other, just curious.

> Like everything else :-)
>
>> I was also thinking that there should be a discussion board on the
>> site like Apple's support boards. Many of the support questions
>> answered on Apple's boards are from other customers. It's a nice
>> one stop shop for questions and answers for those who may not want
>> to subscribe to mailing list. It would be nice to have that option.
>> http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa
>
> No, forums or mailing lists, not both.
>
> Mailing lists are already there, so forums suck ;-)
>
> A decent list of the lists available would rock, as would nice
> searchable archives. However, google and gmane take care of the
> latter requirement, which is hard to implement...

Yeah, seems like no one likes the idea of message boards. My thinking
was just that when I search for information I always go to Google
before I'd ever search Zope.org. Most of the time the info comes from
mailing list threads posted online. It just seems like there's all of
this valuable chatter that goes on about Zope that never gets to the
Zope.org site.