[ZWeb] V3 Updated

Tom Von Lahndorff tom at modscape.com
Thu Mar 23 12:38:44 EST 2006

>>> - I think fly out menus on Web pages just don't Feel Good (not to
>>>   mention the debatable usability problems they might introduce[2]).
>>
>> See Mike D.'s comments on that article which pretty  much sums up my
>> rationale and implementation.
>
> Still not convinced, but that's just me. We don't have such a deep
> structure or information density, I would simply put a context navigation
> on the left (or right) for each section but not on the homepage, like on
> this two pages:
>
> <http://www.mozilla.org/support/>
> <http://www.mozilla.org/about/>
>
> Very simple.

Not really. Just the opposite actually, confusing. My design is certainly
more "simple" than mozilla's. Inconsistent page layout. I like sites that
have a consistent layout throughout, including the homepage. It's confusing
when the navigation changes on a page by page basis. In my case there's no
scheme that the user has to *get*.