[ZWeb] V3 Updated

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 02:26:30 EST 2006

Tom Von Lahndorff wrote:

> Its not. Its a lot easier to find answers to my questions though at the
> Apple's support discussion boards, when I have an Apple issue, rather
> than searching Google because I'm searching through very specific
> content, not the web in general and therefore get more accurate results
> and a faster resolution.

Hmmm, well, in the case of Zope, I honestly think you get better results
if you _do_ use Google because you're not only limiting your search to
Zope.org, which isn't usually the best source for information...

>> Why should it be on zope.org?
>
> Um, because it's useful information about Zope, which is sort of what
> Zope.org is about?

Well, I don't know if that _is_ what zope.org is about anymore. It's
been so poor for so long that people have found or created other
resources and those aren't going to go away even if zope.org did
suddenly become magically better ;-)

> "The Web Site for the Zope Community" (...who are
> currently discussing Zope at various other places on the web). Thanks
> for visiting. :)

Well, point taken, but I really think zope.org should be a gateway to
those existing resources. If, at a later stage, those resources want to
migrate back to zope.org, then great, but until then, lets leave them be...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk