[ZWeb] website todos

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Nov 21 07:51:02 EST 2006

Hi there,

It's high time I actually do something about this again; my apologies
for my absence - life's been rather busy for me.

The plan:

* start moving selected services off zope.org to a server managed by
Amaze. The Amaze setup is expected to grow in time.

* the first two sites to move over will be the wiki stuff (I already
talked to Simon) and the foundation website.

Concerning the Foundation website, we have a number of options. The
simplest option is to maintain the current Apache procedure.

Another option would be to use Tres Seaver's software built on zope 2
that can do the same thing as the Apache integration does right now.

Alternatively we could move this over to a proper CMS, as people have
been asking for. I'd be happy if that were Plone, but this will take a
volunteer that integrates the public layout templates into Plone (along
with the existing content). I don't know how hard this is and how hard
this is to maintain. Is anyone volunteering?

Regards,

Martijn