[ZWeb] Re: Grrr. zope.org wikis are evil.

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Oct 9 15:44:31 EDT 2006

Simon Michael wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> Having said that, I said that I would be willing to work with someone
>> familiar with the zope.org software yo update ZWiki.  No one has stepped
>> forward yet. I wonder why.
>
> Er.. I'd guess because: that was less than an hour ago; I heard you talk
> about apache work,

Yes.

> not a zwiki upgrade;

That was yesterday:

"Because zope.org is a brittle mess and I don't want to take a chance of making
  in worse.  If someone who feels that they have some grasp on that software
  wants to help me, I'd be willing to try. "

Perhaps you took so much offense at the first part of what I said,
you didn't notice the second part.

> very few people on the planet
> are familiar with the zope.org software. Perhaps that's the point you
> are making ?

Yes.

> Again, continuing with my naive thought experiments focussed on this one
> issue, a zwiki upgrade, I would be thinking: (a) upgrading zwiki is not
> going to break other parts of the site, and it's certainly not going to
> require me to debug CMF; and (b) if I'm wrong, I've learned something, I
> replace the old zwiki version and consider next steps.

<shrug>

I don't know.  Does ZWiki have any tendrils in CMF? Has the version
of ZWiki used on zope.org been modified in any way to work with the
CMF?  I don't know.

Oh, BTW, zope.org runs some revision of the Zope 2.6 branch.
Does the latest ZWiki work with that?

Michael Haubenwallner,

Do you have any opinion on this?  Should we try doing a ZWiki
upgrade?

Jim