[ZWeb] Skinning the new zope 3 wiki

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Mon Oct 16 01:53:08 EDT 2006

Hello zope-web,

I'd like to help out with the effort to renew the zope.org web site
(s). I've started developing a new skin for ZWiki intended for use
with the new zope 3 wiki. Copying the style from the new Zope
Foundation site seemed like a good place to start - it would be nice
if the new microsites have a reasonably consistent look and feel.
I've put up a development copy of an initial skin here:

http://www.bud.ca/zwiki-dev/zopeorg/FrontPage

This is an early skin, so there are lots of bugs and missing bits,
but it does let us see what ZWiki looks like inside a Zope Foundation
look-and-feel.

Feedback is appreciated.

Some specific notes on this first draft:

  * ZWiki actions are in the 'navigation' area. That was easier than
putting the ZWiki subtopics navigation in there - the navigation
section can get pretty big in ZWiki as well.

  * The misaligning of the Z watermark in Firefox is present in this
new skin. It looks non-trivial to get rid of this, it will take some
CSS heavy lifting.

  * I've hacked the comments section a fair bit. I really like not
having a subject field for comments - but since ZWiki relies on this
for replies and email integration, perhaps this field should stay?

Cheers,

- Kevin Teague
   (aka Wheat on irc)