[ZWeb] Skinning the new zope 3 wiki

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Sun Oct 22 17:40:01 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've just rolled out the first cut of the new zope community ZWiki skin.

http://zope3.zwiki.org/FrontPage

There is still plenty of tweaks and work that could be done to this
skin, I'll probably making a few more little adjustments today. Simon
and I are in #zope-web today so feel free to drop by the channel and
gripe about the bits you don't like :)

Aside from wiki-specific feedback, I'm also interested in hearing
ideas on the zope community skins in general. I am obviously +1 on
using Tom's Zope Foundation skin, it's a very solid design, but it
would be nice to have some elements that also distinguished which
micro-site you're within. some ideas:

  * Different shade of colours on the left navigation area :  Wiki
colour, Foundation colour, etc. although we would probably run out of
good colours quickly and have to resort to clashing colours :(

  * Distinguish sites in the header across the top : "Foundation",
"Wiki" etc. also perhaps create additional images for each site, such
as leaves instead of lily pads for the wiki

- Kevin