[ZWeb] http://namespaces.zope.org/zope

Justizin justizin at siggraph.org
Tue Sep 26 10:54:00 EDT 2006

On 9/26/06, Martijn Faassen <faassen at infrae.com> wrote:
> Justizin wrote:
> > So..
> >
> > I was talking to Philipp the other day on IRC, wondering why
> >
> >    http://namespaces.zope.org/zope
> >
> > Doesn't actually exist on on the intarweb.  At first I wondered if it
> > was a requirement, like for a DTD, and P says no, so I believe him.
> > We did agree that it would be nice if something lived here talking
> > about ZCML, which is what the w3c does for their namespaces, like:
> >
> >  http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
> >
> > Of course, I volunteer.
>
> First, thank you for volunteering!
>
> Right, it's indeed not a requirement, the namespace URL is just a way to
> get uniqueness, but it'd indeed be nice if something lived there.
>

> What I would propose if you write the documents you want to sit on the
> other end for the various ZCML namespaces, and put them up somewhere for
> us to review. Once we're happy with them, we'll work on putting them online.

Right on.  This will probably take some time, and, eh, anyone else who
wants to help is more than welcome.

Perhaps we should follow whatever process is set out for managing ZF
content as ReST.

Is there a place where Zope3 documentation is auto-generated via
pydoc?  I'm sure this doesn't quite cover documenting the ZCML
namespace, but maybe it's a good place to start looking at where to
pick up and fill in holes?

--
Justizin, Independent Interactivity Architect
ACM SIGGRAPH SysMgr, Reporter