[ZWeb] Re: [Zope.Com SA] Disk space on cvs.zope.org...

David Lawson david at zope.com
Fri May 4 23:11:22 EDT 2007

On May 4, 2007, at 9:11 PM, Mark W. Alexander wrote:

> ...is getting a little tight. I'm going to see about adding another
> disk
> which, if this is raided (I hope) then I'm going to have to break
> the raid
> and make sure that backups are getting take and monitored. I can't
> say _when_
> I'm going to be able to get to this.

It's a 1750 with a RAID card and what appears to be a single logical
drive configured.  The (probably) good news, is that since it's a
1750, it has a real RAID card on it, a MegaRaid, not one of those
crap built in RAID1/0 things that's in the blades, so you should be
able to break the RAID and reconfigure it as a volume from the BIOS,
or, if you prefer, I can look at doing that on my next trip up.
Depending on how long it takes me to get the UGC boxes for GHM
kicked, I may be looking to head up next week, I could probably take
a couple minutes to, at the very least, check and see if I can break
the RAID and reconfigure without destroying the data.  If we've got a
1750 in the office with a RAID card, I can play with that and remind
myself of the process, it's a pretty standard maneuver but there are
always variations between card types.

> I didn't go looking for much to clean up as it's got over 7G free.
> I looks
> like get hammered by a buildout doing a bunch of simultaneous
> checkouts.

Last I looked at disk space issues on that box, a hefty chunk of it
was the mailman archive.

--Dave
Systems Administrator
Zope Corp.