[ZWeb] Zope and https

Chad Webb Chad.Webb at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 8 09:48:52 EDT 2008

Currently we use pound as a front end to Zope instances (mainly 2.8 and
2.9).  To achieve a https connection for the http instance (for using
SSL to login into ZMI and content management) we have duplicated the
http instance but changed the zope.conf to include a different port
number and the "<cgi-environment> HTTPS ON </cgi-environment>".  We then
stand up two different pound configs for handling them.  With our zope
instances growing I would like to find a way to have one zope instance
answer and handle both the http and https requests.  I know you can set
up multiple <http-server> handlers with different ports, but how do you
get the cgi-environment directive to apply to only one of them?

Thanks,
Chad