[ZWeb] new.zope.org still in the works?

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Thu Feb 26 14:21:45 EST 2009

On 2009-02-26, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:

> On 26.02.2009 12:22 Uhr, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> new.zope.org is dead for two reasons:
>>
>> * it seemed to be big a project to get enough volunteer content. I
>> hope that microsites will avoid this problem.
>>
>> * there were issues with the design, the legal terms surrounding the
>> design, the responsiveness of the designer and the implementation of
>> the design.
>>
>> As a result, the zope foundation board decided to give up on this issue.
>>
>> If you want to help out get a zope 2 site set up, perhaps modelled
>> after grok.zope.org (where we combine a Plone 3 site with sphinx), by
>> all means contribute! Or any other micro-site that strikes your fancy:
>> zodb.zope.org, for instance.
>>

> For the log: I am working on the Zope 2 microsite which is hosted
> currently on my dev system: zope2.zopyx.de

Thanks guys, that's too bad. new.zope.org was Purdy™ (pretty). In any
event, I think I understand the "micro sites" approach (divide
and conquer) but where does that leave zope.org? FWIW I think the
grok site is is very nice, and I would love to see a similar site
for zope.org.

I am also very interested in "cleaning up the mess" on
zope.org. So if I could contribute in some way to upgrading and
cleaning up the current Plone 1 site (I assume from http://zope.org/help)
that would be my preference.

IOW, if anyone is interested in a Plone 3.2 zope.org with the content
cleaned up a bit, I would love to help. By cleaned up I mean:

    - Upgrade to Plone 3
    - Edit or remove stale content.
    - Point to microsites as needed (e.g. Zope2.zopyx, grok.zope.org, docs.zope.org, etc.)

Any takers? ;-)

Alex Clark · http://aclark.net
Buy Practical Plone 3: http://tinyurl.com/practical-plone