[Zope] - Importing objects

Andy Dustman Andy Dustman <adustman@comstar.net>
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 00:02:35 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Pavlos Christoforou wrote:

> For entries that change regularly and often I do not use BoboPOS. Assuming
> that the e-mails arrive on the server machine you can store them in any
> format you want (shelve,xml plain text) and have Zope open your e-mail
> database and process them.

Okay. In one particular case, I have a sort of status report which is in a
fixed location in a flat text file, but it's not even clear how I can get
that. Basically, I have a module in the Extensions directory. It defines
one function. When I try to add an External method, it does find the
module, and it does find the function, but then it barfs:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /home/rlist/Zope-1.9b1-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
861, in publish_module
  File /home/rlist/Zope-1.9b1-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
583, in publish
    (Info: /Remailers/manage_addExternalMethod)
  File
/home/rlist/Zope-1.9b1-src/lib/python/Products/ExternalMethod/ExternalMethod.py,
line 125, in manage_addExternalMethod
    (Object: Navigation)
  File
/home/rlist/Zope-1.9b1-src/lib/python/Products/ExternalMethod/ExternalMethod.py,
line 167, in __init__
    (Object: Item)
  File
/home/rlist/Zope-1.9b1-src/lib/python/Products/ExternalMethod/ExternalMethod.py,
line 186, in manage_edit
    (Object: Item)
  File
/home/rlist/Zope-1.9b1-src/lib/python/Products/ExternalMethod/ExternalMethod.py,
line 207, in getFunction
    (Object: Item)
  File /home/rlist/Zope-1.9b1-src/lib/python/App/Extensions.py, line 104,
in __cmp__
AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'co_argcount'

So I'm obviously overlooking something.

--
Andy Dustman                    You should always say "spam" and "eggs"
ComStar Communications Corp.                 instead of "foo" and "bar"