[Zope] - Installation problem

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 06:15:08 -0600

Vanroose Wim writes:
> When I try to log on  When I use the passwd set in the
> access file. I always get login failed.

Are you using the default Zope settings or values you've
set in AuthUserFile (or .htpasswd)?

> Can somebody give more explanation on the
>
> RewriteRule in the Httpd.conf file?????

# Zope configuration maps /Zope/ to the Zope.cgi PCGI script
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*) /usr/local/apache/share/cgi-bin/Zope/Zope.cgi/$1 \
  [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

The last line - RewriteRule - must be a single continuous line, i.e.
remove the backslash, no line break.  Your path may be different
than above, and different that the default value mentioned in the
install doc.

The second argument to RewriteRule should be the absolute path
to the pcgi info file, Zope.cgi.

Check the Apache .conf files for the following:  1) No special
rules for .cgi files  2) No additional restrictions imposed.
Apache directives are sometimes counter-intuitive (turning on a
switch can automatically turn off other switchs) so it's better
to check the documentation rather than eyeballing the .conf files.

Finally, make sure you stop/restart the httpd server after making
any changes to the .conf files.  Obvious, but often overlooked.

Good luck,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.