[Zope] - database transfer

Jim Fulton jim@Digicool.com
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 17:54:30 +0000

David Ascher wrote:

> Is it easy to take the DB from a Zope server and plop it into another Zope
> server?  I'm not talking about load-sharing, but staging of servers -- I
> tend to do my web management on a local machine, and have a periodic job
> upload the files into the less-easily configured 'public' server.  Can I
> just tar the var/ directory and misc. external methods and move that over,

The short answer is yes.  You'll need to be careful to shutdown the app
before moving the files over. It might be nice to have a tool that
makes this easier, or even allows it to be done without shutting down.
If you want to pursue this, I'd be happy to help you get started.

> or are there other dependencies?

Well, of course, both sites need to have the same products and other
Python modules installed.

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.