[Zope] - How do I publish this object?

skip@calendar.com (Skip Montanaro) skip@calendar.com (Skip Montanaro)
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:49:45 -0500 (EST)

    James> Thank you for the help, but...this must be some new definition of
    James> the word "easy" with which I was previously unfamiliar. :-)

	[ several questions, some of which occurred to me, snipped ]

My sentiments exactly.  It would appear that Principia and Zope traded off
Bobo's simple object publishing model for a very nice way to manage
hierarchical web sites.  The extra complexity added under the covers looks
like it will make it very difficult to convert existing CGI-based sites to
Zope.  I have a site that uses 30-40 CGI scripts to do its business.  At
this stage, converting them looks like it will be fairly difficult.  If I'm
missing something, please fill me in.  If not, is there some simpler way to
publish objects through Zope other than the current Product API?

Thx,

Skip