[Zope] - Rewrite rules somewhere besides httpd.conf?

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 13:53:14 -0600

> Can the Apache rewrite rules be put in a file other
> than httpd.conf?  For example, could they be put in
> a file local to the Zope directories such as a .htaccess
> file?

It can, but it's more difficult to set up properly than
including rewrite rules in httpd.conf, which is no cakewalk.

Are you using .htaccess because you don't have access
to httpd.conf or for some other reason?

Here are some things to consider:

  - Verify RewriteBase is set correctly for the location
    you're using.

  - Try using RewriteLog with loglevel 9 and see what it
    says.  Note that if your webmaster has disabled this,
    you're out of luck.

  - Remember to check the apache access and error logs.

Lest anyone confuse me for someone who knows what
they're doing, I've note used .htaccess with Zope/Apache
yet.

I hate to weasel out of a legitimate question, but this
really is an Apache issue.  If you have problems getting
.htaccess to work, you may find further answers available
from the comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix newsgroup.

Good luck,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.