[Zope] - Where is misc_/sample/item?

Jim Fulton jim@Digicool.com
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 01:20:20 +0000

skip@calendar.com wrote:

> In the sample product, Product.py defines
>
>     # Specify a relative URL for the icon used to display icons:
>     icon='misc_/sample/item'
>
> In the MailHost product, MailHost.py defines
>
>     icon='misc_/MailHost/MHIcon'
>
> Where are these things located?  I couldn't find a directory named "misc_"
> anywhere, nor could I figure out how to get at any such beasts from within
> the management interface.

Zope defined a sub-object of the top-level object, misc_, which
has a sub-object for each product.  Each product sub-object
has subobjects for each of the keys defined in the misc_
dictionary in the product __init__.py.  This provides a mechanism
for creating product-dependent instance-independent objects
that are web accessable.

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.