[Zope] - newbie PCGI problems

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@Digicool.com
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 08:46:30 -0500

Peter J Ulintz wrote:

(snip)

> File
> "/export/home/pulintz/Zope-1.9b1-src/lib/python/Products/sample/Product.py",
> line 24, in ?
>     import OFS.SimpleItem, Persistence, Acquisition, AccessControl.Role
> ImportError: (<class exceptions.ImportError at ab540>, 'No module named
> Persistence')
>
> Went into the Product.py file and changed "Persistence" to
> "BoboPOS.Persistence", and tried to bring up zope in the browser again.
> I got the authentication window!

How did you happen to have the sample product installed?  It doesn't
look like you started with a vanilla Zope source release.

It looks like you found a bug in the sample product.  The sample
product was released prior to Zope and hasn't been updated to work with Zope.
(In particular, Zope uses BoboPOS as a package, while Principia, for which
the samp[le product was written, used BoboPOS as a collection of modules.)
Your fix to it was correct. :) We'll update the sample product and release
ir as soon as possible.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.