[Zope] - Zope and SSL

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:21:17 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Ronald Offerman wrote:

> I can run a secure Zope using pcgi and Apache-SSL. Anyone know of a way how to
> have ZopeHTTPServer do SSL?

Andrew Kuchling has an old interface to SSLeay 0.6.x at:

http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/python/crypto.html

The SSLeay API has changed, though, on it's way to 0.9.x. There is also a
reference to another project in progress, but I think last I checked, it
didn't seem to be actively worked on. Basically, Andrew's SSLeay module
would make a wrapper object around a socket object, so it was pretty easy
to adapt existing apps to use SSL. I, for one, would like a working SSL
interface again...

--
Andy Dustman                    You should always say "spam" and "eggs"
ComStar Communications Corp.                 instead of "foo" and "bar"