[Zope] - win95 TCP/IP

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:36:21 -0600

> File "C:\Temp\Paul's Site/lib/python1.5\BaseHTTPServer.py",
>   line 97, in server_bind
>    hostname, hostnames, hostaddrs = socket.gethostbyaddr(host)
> socket.error: host not found
>
> I think that on WinNT there was some kind of loopback
> adapter I could install. I can't find an equivalent for
> Windows 95.

Paul,

I don't use Win95 (or Win98) so the following advice could
be totally bogus, but you should have a file on your
system:  C:\windows\hosts

If it's called hosts.sam, copy or rename it to hosts.  The
file should have a line in it that looks something like:

127.0.0.1   localhost

If you add an entry that matches what BaseHTTPServer.py
considers to be host, you should be okay.

Regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.