[Zope] - 1.9b2 win32 feedback

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:30:09 -0500

> The installer ran flawlessly on NT4 Sp3
>
> I chose to integrate Zope as a service w/ my Apache config.
>
> The doc/INSTALL.txt needs to be changed-- start.bat does not
> exist, but
> serve.bat does -- furthermore, serve.bat is not the right way
> to starrt
> Zope as a service -- instead, one needs to go to Control
> Panels/Services/
> and select the name of the Zope install and click 'start'.

'serve.bat' should have been 'start.bat' -- that's my bad (forgot
to update the installer).

> Running under Apache 1.3.0, /QuickStart and /manage don't
> work, but I'm
> not surprised -- Jeff Bauer has told me that 1.3.0 is broken in
> authentication.
>
> A note pointing out that the authentication of Apache 1.3.0 is broken
> w.r.t. Zope might save a bunch of complaints.

I think we better documentation on integrating with existing
servers generally - I hope to propose some things that might
help this situation today.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909